Thursday, February 13, 2014

New Car

What a day we had yesterday!  Back on Wordpress, I mentioned that my car wasn't running.  We seem to always have the worst luck with cars, which is what happens when you're poor with not so great credit and have to buy the best you can afford with your tax returns.  So last year we bought a '96 Cadillac Seville, cash.  It wasn't pretty, but it got us where we needed to go.  Until it didn't.

So there we were, another tax season looking for a car.  And let me tell you, I am so tired of the kind of clunkers our last two cars have been!  Other Half convinced me that our best bet was to go to a dealership.   A car payment makes me nervous, but he assured me that we can afford it.  And I know he's right.  It's something that takes a little bit of getting used to, not being so poor.

Our first decision was what dealership to go to.  There are so many in our area and we couldn't really decide on one.  One I know to have a reputation as swindlers, yet Other Half has heard good stories about.  The rest we just didn't know enough to even form an opinion.  How were we going to decide?

"Why don't you use your tarot cards to decide?"  Did my Other Half say that?  To me?  He's come a LONG way in accepting what I do, rather than merely tolerating it.  He's not sure how it works; he doesn't really get it, but he's read what people have said about me.  He's impressed, and he takes me more seriously than he had.   So I happily laid out 6 cards, one for each dealership that we had been considering.  The Tower.  The Ace of Cups.  Seven of Pentacles reversed.  The Hanged Man.  Eight of Wands reversed.  Knight of Pentacles reversed. 

We chose to go with the Ace of Cups and we had the most pleasant buying experience!  Our salesperson wasn't pushy, suggested cars in the low, middle, and high ranges of our budget, let us test drive four different cars, kept the three year old busy with snacks and coloring books, and was an all around friendly and helpful guy.  I could tell the car we chose wasn't the one he was hoping we'd go with (he was rooting for the Ford Focus), but he agreed our pick is still a really great car.  We went with a 2010 Nissan Altima, which easily makes it the newest car we've ever had.  I wish I could post a picture, but it's currently under a blanket of snow.  I'm glad that this experience was a good one, I'm really turning Other Half into a true believer.  The only thing we had to complain about was the amount of time we spent at the dealership.  We got there at 10am and were barely home in time to catch our oldest before he got off of the school bus.  The bus pulled up seconds after we parked!  Good thing we didn't go to the dealership represented by the 8 of Wands reversed!









Psst, have you signed up for my new newsletter?  I'll be sending them out once or twice a month with some extra content and a super special discounted tarot reading.  Subscribers will also get a lil somethin somethin on their birthday, so include your birth date!