Sunday, October 18, 2015

Don't Rely on Tarot to Make Your Decisions

This title is probably a bit confusing.. yeah.
Just hear me out!

You won't find me doubting the clarity that comes with a good tarot reading.  The confirmation it gives, the kick in the ass that you need to get going.  That's awesome!

But sometimes a reading becomes the easy way out.  When you ask for a reading before making any decision, hoping to learn the consequences you may face from it, you are giving into fear.  I don't believe that you find all of the answers in tarot.  It's not meant to make the choices for you!  Not the way I read the cards anyway.  I'd so much rather use them to give you the motivation you're missing to make your own choices, more informed and calmer than you were before your reading.

It's scary stuff though, I get it!  I'd love for the outcomes of my decisions to be guaranteed.  I'd love for someone else to choose for me sometimes, safe in the knowledge that it will all turn out alright.  But even that could lead to unintended side effects.  That level of assurance can cause laziness.  It can make you so comfortable that you feel like there's a sure thing, and your motivation slips, your drive fades, and in the end you don't gain what it was you were seeking anyway.  

I don't believe in absolutes.  I won't give you any.  What I will do is give you confidence, reveal hidden possibilities, and encourage you always to follow your heart.  I want to put you back in control.  And if that means I have to tell you that you got yourself into this mess, it's only so I can remind you that you can get yourself out.  

Much love!