Monday, February 8, 2016

#QueenieAnswers: How Shitty is the Ten of Swords?


Yeah, it’s for sure a shitty card.  
me: but there are no wholly positive or negative cards in the tarot! 
also me: there are literally 10 swords in my back, stfu
As always, it depends on the context of the reading, the other cards, the spread position etc.  But I read the 10 of Swords as a betrayal of some kind, backstabbed by someone you trusted.  I correspond swords with communication, thought, truth, so I look at this card sometimes as finding something out that you weren’t ready to know or weren’t expecting that just shatters you.  The thing is.. now you know the truth.  Adjust to it.  You’re rock bottom?  Nowhere to go but up.  
Sometimes this card just seems overly dramatic, too.  Look at me!  Look at what they’ve done to me!  I didn’t deserve this, they’ve crushed me, AVENGE ME!  




Is it really as bad as you’re making it out to be or are you over-exaggerating?  If all you do is complain about this miserable thing, is it making you any less miserable?    
It’s still a shitty card yes.  It’s Tower-shitty.  The situation is what it is, but you still get to decide how you handle it.