Monday, February 22, 2016

#QueenieAnswers: Why it's OK to Say NO to Friends & Family



Um.. doing readings for clients and doing readings for family are *not* the same thing.  Sometimes readings get really personal and it could get uncomfortable for both you and her.  There may be things that the cards tell that you have no business knowing about your mom, or things she’d rather you not know.  There may be something the cards warn about making you the bearer of bad news.  You might say something that she takes as a personal attack.  WHO KNOWS?  The point is, there are a lot of reasons NOT to do readings for family or very close friends if you don’t feel comfortable with it.
Also, if I had a client that I wasn’t uncomfortable with order a reading from me.. I’d simply refund them.  At this point, I’ve only had to give two refunds, and in both instances it was because of something that was already in my guidelines, but my guidelines also state that I reserve the right to decline a reading FOR ANY REASON and that a refund will be issued.  
You have every right to set boundaries, and you owe it to yourself to stick to them.