Saturday, December 27, 2014

Post-Christmas Post

Christmas is such a crazy time of year for me.  For many of us, I know, I know.  I work in retail, so a lot of the magic is just sucked right out of me, and I can't drum up any kind of enthusiasm until Christmas Eve Eve.  I do really enjoy the holiday, but the mad rush leading up to it, both as a retail employee, and a parent wanting my children to have a magical day, just leaves me stressed out and drained.  Just a week ago I came home from work one morning and just collapsed into tears of frustration on the couch.  So while I had a really wonderful Christmas, I can't even tell you how happy I am that it's over.  I'm even happier that I have some much needed and well deserved (trust me) vacation time coming up.  I'll have the entire first week of January all to myself.




"small" pile of presents from Santa
Of course I'll be spending a lot of that time making room for all the new stuff my boys collected.  Every year I swear it will be a smaller Christmas, but even if Santa doesn't bring a ton of gifts, it seems the difference is made up by family members.  So their room needs to be completely cleaned out and sorted into keep, donate, and trash piles and then put all back together.  So there's one project.

I've received some really lovely gifts from some really lovely tumblr friends as a part of witchy wishlists that I need to reciprocate.  I'll have time to practice my sewing.  I really want to sew some small pouches and fill them with crystals, and send them out to as many tumblrites as gift-worthy bags I can manage to create.  I have about a pound and a half of raw quartz, amethyst, and citrine for this (not to give it away, but.. I'm not sure anyone on tumblr reads this!). 

One of those gifts included two skeins of yarn, and I'm torn because I don't know if I want to crochet new deck bags, or try out the pattern I found for some fingerless mittens.  The weather has been so mild, but I have this sneaking suspicion it'll hit us hard come January and February.  Ugh, what to do!

Revelations Tarot
Enchanted Tarot
I'll also be using this time to get to know the two new decks in my collection (which are going to need bags, arent' they?  I guess I will be crocheting bags instead of mittens)!  Full picture posts to come next week, but here's a sneak peek of the Revelations Tarot, from a friend, and the Enchanted Tarot, from myself :)  I really wasn't planning on getting the Enchanted Tarot, but I was looking for a deck to buy for DTT's giveaway and it was on such a good sale I bought two!  I had originally planned on giving the Secret Tarot, and even ordered it, but when it came I was pretty disappointed to discover it was a mini deck.  That's my own fault for online shopping in a state of utter exhaustion, I suppose.  I gave it to someone at work who has expressed interest in learning tarot.  I hope he takes good care of it.  At any rate, I'm really excited to have the Enchanted Tarot.  I'll probably mod the hell out of it.  Those borders have got to go and it's begging for glitter.  And I'm so happy to have Revelations!  It's such a gorgeous and unique deck; it's been on my wishlist for some time now.  I can't wait to try it out!

I hope you've all had a wonderful holiday and I hope the New Year brings you peace, growth, and plenty of new challenges!

Much love!