Monday, March 21, 2016

#Queenie Answers: When is it ok to Buy a 2nd Deck?


I'VE BEEN STUDYING TAROT READING FOR MAYBE A YEAR NOW, AND I FINALLY GOT A DECK A FEW MONTHS AGO, BUT THERE ARE LOTS OF OTHER DECKS I WANT. I DON'T FEEL LIKE I'M EXPERIENCED ENOUGH TO BUY A SECOND DECK? I MOSTLY PULL CARDS FOR MYSELF A COUPLE TIMES A WEEK AND I DON'T FEEL LIKE I READ THEM ENOUGH TO BUY A SECOND DECK, EITHER. BUT THERE ARE SO MANY GORGEOUS ONES, I REALLY WANT TO. IS THIS WEIRD? WHAT DO YOU THINK I SHOULD DO?


BUY ALL THE DECKS!  (you asked me specifically bc you wanted me to tell you to do the thing, right?)
Ok, here’s the thing.  Every deck will have something new and different to teach you.  You might find that a different deck presents a certain card, maybe a card that you struggle with, in a completely different way that helps you click things in place better and understand the card more.  Or even cards you think you have a good grasp of, you might find new perspectives of them that will enrich your readings no matter what deck you’re using. 
I never think you need to have a “good enough” reason to buy a new deck.  There are no rules about how many you’re allowed to have, or why you buy them, or how much experience you should have before getting another.