Monday, March 7, 2016

#QueenieAnswers: 8 Things I Wish my Clients Knew



Well, thank you so much for this opportunity!  This is a fun question :D
  1. I am not a psychic.  There are readers who are, and there are readers who aren’t, and I can’t say one is better than the other.  But don’t order a reading and then not be involved with it.  You don’t ask your best friend for love advice without first telling her about the situation beforehand.  If you want detailed, personal advice, you have to be willing to open up and share a little. It’s a two way street.
  2. The cards won’t make a decision for you!  Don’t ask me “which should I choose?”  Decisions are hard.  That’s just life.  All I can do is help you make a more informed decision.  You don’t get to ask me for a reading and then transfer the blame to me if it doesn’t work out, because ultimately, I’m not the one who is making the choice.
  3. Check your intentions before asking for a reading.  What are you getting out of it?  Peace of mind?  Encouragement?  Motivation?  Or are you obsessing?  Are you procrastinating?  Are you looking for excuses to give in to fear?  I want your reading to bring you to a higher place.  Make sure that’s what you want, too.
  4. READ THE DAMN GUIDELINES (they’re there for a reason and giving a refund for a reading that goes against the guidelines is a waste of both of our time) (it happens more often than you’d think)
  5. Tell your reader you got the reading.  Please?  Just at least say thank you.  If you loved it, tell them why.  Leave a review.  Leave a tip.  Show your appreciation in some way.  And if you’re not blown away, at *least* a thank you, just as an acknowledgment that your received your reading.  If you’re not a complete asshole, if you tell your servers and cashiers to have a nice day, if you say please and thank you to retail workers, please find a minute to extend that courtesy to your reader.
  6. If you have a question after your reading, ask!  I do not mind getting emails asking if I can further clarify or explain something that was said in a reading.  I know that, for myself, I can get a little ahead of myself sometimes, and forget that you may not be on the same page as I am.  So if there’s any confusion at all, let me know!  It’s not a bother to clear it up.
  7. Along those same lines… sometimes what you really need to do is sit and give it some time to manifest.  If it doesn’t make sense right away, it may in a week or two.  Be patient with the Universe.
  8. Your reader is human.  They have a life.  If they’ve got a turn around time, find it.  If they don’t, ask what it is.  But don’t bug them asking for your reading over and over.  They are getting to it, but they probably have another job, a family, a chronic illness, OTHER CLIENTS!  Your reader is human.  They are not infallible.  They can make mistakes, they can misinterpret.  It happens.  Be graceful about it, and they will too.  Your reader is human.  And this is their business; you are their client.  Unless you have some other kind of relationship, please keep it professional.  Your reader loves you and appreciates your business and support, but that doesn’t make it ok to text them with the details of your latest date at 11:30pm
I was going to try to go for 10, but I think that’s all I got for now!  And 8 is my favorite number <3 p="">